The one-year English language IB Foundation programme at Eerde International Boarding School prepares students for entry to the challenging and rigorous International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBPD). This renowned international qualification opens doors to the best universities in the world.
Who benefits from the IB Foundation programme at Eerde?
The programme is particularly suited to students (aged 15-17) who want to study at IBDP level, but whose English language skills are not yet sufficient to ensure success.
The one-year IB Foundation programme at Eerde is designed to
- Strengthen students’ English reading and communication skills to a level that gives access to the IBDP
- Reinforce concepts and skills from Mathematics, Science, Art, Music, and Physical Education in preparation for the rigours of IBDP
- Trial programme – 90 days learning and boarding at Eerde
- Introduce students to IB styles of learning, including inquiry based, collaborative, and practical methods
- Learning Enrichment Centre
- Increase students’ understanding of the benefits of service learning
- Increase students’ international mindedness
What makes an IB student unique?
The question was asked by the IBPD organization on its 50th anniversary back in 2006. The answer is just as relevant today: ‘The IB learner profile encourages students to become inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced and reflective.’
Prepare for university education
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) prepares students for university education in a country of their choice. Our university counsellor provides additional support and assistance in the applications process if you need it and encourages you to explore your university options either online or by visiting open days and academic recruitment fairs.
We strive to develop students who will build a better world through intercultural understanding and respect