Physics and Maths Teacher 2022
Eerde International Boarding School Netherlands has a vacancy for a teacher of Physics and Math to IBDP(International Baccalaureate Diploma Program) and IGCSE (International General Certificate of Education) students. Candidates must be enthusiastic and dedicated, and have demonstrated expertise in inspiring students to develop their skills.
Start date: 1st February 2022
Closing date for applications: 14th January 2022
The successful candidate will work with the science department to ensure that learners develop their scientific skills. The candidate will engage students in interactive learning activities and inspire in them a passion for physics and math and for learning generally. A key part of the role is to work with students in our IB Diploma Programme, preparing them in the curriculum as well as the IB Learner Profile. Additionally working with IGCSE students building their science skills and preparing them for their final assessment. Crucial to success in this endeavour is building close, nurturing bonds with students, who are usually living away from their families for the first time. Helping students to navigate the loneliness and dislocation that can arise in this situation is critical in ensuring their academic success, both in the IB and IGCSE program and beyond.
In addition to teaching, the successful candidate will be enthusiastic about contributing to the wider community, both through extracurricular activities and through occasional (twice yearly) support in the evenings and on the weekends.
- Qualified teacher of Physics/Maths(QTS, PGCE or equivalent)]. A minimum of a Bachelors (Hons) in the subject and fully qualified to teach the upper secondary students.
- Having a good command of English [level C1 / C2]
- At least 2 years’ experience teaching Physics
- An excellent team player and willing to work collaboratively
- Flexibility and the desire to be a part of a dynamic school community
- EU work permit
- Previous experience in teaching at accredited international (boarding) schools or in an international, intercultural context
- Familiarity with IGCSE Physics and Math/ IB Physics and IB Math AI
- Familiarity with EAL
- Familiarity/previous experience with student wellness
- Familiarity with TOK/CAS/EE
- Willingness to be involved in extra-curricular activities
A 1.0FTE position in an international team. Salary and benefits will be reflective of qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to send their letter of motivation and their curriculum vitae in English for the attention of Ms Niki Holterman indicating: Physics. firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this vacancy is 14th January 2022.
Please note that early applicants may be invited to interview prior to the deadline due to qualifications and experience.
Eerde international Boarding School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Eerde International Boarding School in the Netherlands has a vacancy for a Boarding Parent. This role involves supporting our residential students within our school. Candidates must be enthusiastic and dedicated ensuring that student safeguarding and welfare are paramount. It is a requirement to be fluent in English as this is the main language of campus.
The successful candidate will support our capable team of boarding parents to ensure that we offer a “home away from home” for our residential students. Together with the team, the successful candidate will follow our processes and procedures to help guide and support our students in the best way.
Start date: TO BE CONFIRMED
The successful candidate will work with the boarding team to ensure that our resident students are supported and cared for during their time on campus. A key part of the role is to work with students of various age groups in our boarding houses, supporting them to fulfill their social requirements, supporting them to fulfill their academic deadlines and to ensure that the necessary care is in place to ensure their safety and wellbeing. Crucial to success in this endeavour is building close, nurturing bonds with students, who are usually living away from their families for the first time. Helping students to navigate the loneliness and dislocation that can arise in this situation is critical in ensuring their ability to settle within the boarding houses. The role therefore requires clear skills and cultural sensitivity as well the ability to identify, understand and coordinate the needs of young people.
- A qualification or certification in a relevant subject related to the vacancy
- At least two years’ experience working with young groups/teamwork
- Excellent communication skills for different audiences (students, teachers, parents, management)
- An excellent command of English (near native level C1/C2)
- The ability to form close, nurturing relationships with students (aged 4-19) to develop/ facilitate their social and emotional development while in school and for life after school
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- The flexibility and desire to be a part of a dynamic school community
- The ability to work in a high-intensity, demanding environment with demands placed upon you at any hour of the day
- The capacity to be sympathetic to students and their parents/guardians
- The capacity to be open and welcoming to all stakeholders and visitors within boarding and the wider school community
- A clean driver’s license
- Clear background checks
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Experience in working at a boarding school
- Experience of supporting an academic study programme
- Medical knowledge within the boarding setting and First Aid training
A 0.4FTE (over 40 working weeks) position in an international team. Salary and benefits will be reflective of qualifications and experience.
Please be aware the working hours required include evenings, nights and weekends. Working weekends are within term time and not during school vacation times, unless requested.
Interested candidates are invited to send their letter of motivation and their curriculum vitae in English to Mrs. Niki Holterman (email@example.com), indicating that they are applying for the vacancy of Boarding Parent.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible, as the school reserves the right to fill the role before the deadline.
We work with a Safer Recruitment Policy and require all previous police clearances as well as a Dutch police clearance.
Eerde International Boarding School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.