Cambridge primary school
At International School Eerde we offer Cambridge Primary School education for children aged between 4 and 11. Our focus is on a balanced development of each individual child from reception class through to year 6.
Our well-qualified and experienced teaching staff ensure primary school students have the essential social, creative, literacy, numeracy and scientific skills necessary to make the smooth transition to secondary education. All Cambridge Primary curriculum is taught in English and each child is guaranteed extra attention with a maximum class size of 15.
We want our students to develop their social and personal skills in a family atmosphere where each child can feel secure and respected.
This friendly environment creates a passion for learning and life. Students learn from an early age that education is a positive experience, a perception that will stay with them throughout their lives. We will encourage, motivate and inspire our students to learn and achieve the best to their ability.
Preparation for secondary education
The Cambridge Primary curriculum prepares primary school children for a smooth transition to Cambridge Lower Secondary education.
It also helps identify the strengths and challenges of each student, which can be used to support their learning and development. It offers assessments, including Progression Checkers (year 3 – 5) tests and Checkpoint (year 6) tests, which provide teachers with an international benchmark to measure learners’ progress over time. Parents are kept up to date regularly with detailed progress reports.
- English: enables students to be successful in any culture and to promote cross-cultural understanding with first language competency in English.
- Mathematics: explores five content areas: numbers, geometry, measurements, handling data and problem solving.
- Science: covers four content areas: scientific enquiry, biology, chemistry and physics.
- Global Perspectives: develops the skills of research, analysis, evaluation, reflection, collaboration and communication.
- ICT: develops key ICT skills.
- Physical Education
- 2nd language
- Confidence in working with information and ideas
- Independence and respect for others
- Reflective and able to develop an ability to learn
- Equipped for new and future challenges
- Engaged intellectually and socially, ready to make a difference
“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination”
Get in contact with us
Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.