Cambridge Lower Secondary
(Forms 1 – 3)
At International School Eerde we offer Cambridge Lower Secondary for children aged between 11 and 14.
All lessons are taught in English and each child is guaranteed extra attention with a maximum class size of 15. At the end of the three years, students have the skills to make a smooth translation to Cambridge Upper Secondary.
students develop confident and effective communication to be able to respond to a range of information, media and texts with understanding and enjoyment.
explores six content areas: number, algebra, geometry, measure, handling data and problem solving.
covers four content areas: scientific enquiry, biology, chemistry and physics.
develops the skills of research, analysis, evaluation, reflection, collaboration and communication.
develops key ICT skills including word processing, computer graphics, databases, spreadsheets, email, internet, presentations, video/animation and web authoring.
- German, Spanish or Dutch
- Physical Education
- Outdoor Education
Six challenges a year
- All subject learning is linked to a ‘Cambridge Challenge’, which connects learning to the ‘real’ world.
- Working towards understanding through a personal and global perspective.
- The programme is skill-based: it builds and develops, through repetition.
- Includes: projects, presentations, reports, logs, posters, questionnaires, written work, blogs.
- Successful independency and self-motivation to progress to Cambridge Upper Secondary.
- Better understanding through a personal and global perspective.
- Developing the right ICT skills to work effectively in the fast-changing modern world.
We encourage, motivate and inspire our students to learn and achieve the best to their ability.
Students have a mentor who is their personal point of contact and who will support them in their academic progress as well as taking care of the social and emotional aspects of learning.
Preparation for Cambridge Upper Secondary
Each academic year the 5 core subjects will be assessed using Cambridge Lower Secondary test material. In the 3rd year these test results will be analysed externally by Cambridge.
Learners will receive an analysis on their performance with their strengths and challenges identified to enable both school and parents to monitor the child’s development against an international benchmark. The focus is not on right or wrong answers but to identify where the child currently is on his/her learning journey. At the end of their 3rd year the learners will receive a ‘Statement of Achievement’ to boost their eagerness to learn in new positive directions. At the end of the three years, students have the skills to make a smooth transition to Cambridge Upper Secondary education.
Get in contact with us
Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.